HTTP/2 is the new http standard. Most browsers, including Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Safari, Amazon Silk and Microsoft Edge support HTTP/2. Nginx and other web servers too support HTTP/2. Magento 1.x and Magento 2 work very well with HTTP/2. In this article we see the benefit of HTTP/2 and give some configuration recommendations for Magento store owners or administrators.
What are key differences of HTTP/2 ?
At a high level, HTTP/2:
- is binary, instead of textual
- is fully multiplexed, instead of ordered and blocking
- can therefore use one connection for parallelism
- uses header compression to reduce overhead
- allows servers to “push” responses proactively into client caches (more…)